PRIVATE EVENT BOOKINGS
Our Private Events are currently limited to Wedding Ceremonies, Engagements/Proposals and Memorial Services. We are not able to accommodate events such as baby showers, birthdays or other events that include food & drinks. If you have questions about a special event concept please contact us.
PRIVATE EVENT LOCATIONS INSIDE THE GARDEN
Currently private events are limited to 100 guests. Shinzen Garden has a variety of curated scenes with a combination of architectural and sculptural features that offers a beautiful backdrop for your special event! Several areas are open for consideration, limited only by logistics. For events larger than 100 guests please contact us.
Events are scheduled during normal Garden hours. There may be patrons enjoying the Garden during your event that are not part of your group.
If you are considering booking an “after hours” private event please contact us at: email@example.com
IN ORDER TO REQUEST A PRIVATE EVENT
STEP 1: Check the online calendar, found below in the Choose Appointment/Private Events, to see if the date/time of your desired event is available. We recommend that you DO NOT book your event until you have completed a scheduled sitewalk.
STEP 2: Schedule a Shinzen Garden “sitewalk” to discuss the options available for your event. Sitewalk appointments are available M-F, 9AM-4PM Call for an appointment @ 559.840.1264
STEP 3: After completing the garden sitewalk, return to this page and book your event on the PRIVATE EVENTS appointment calendar below and include a minimum $150 non-refundable deposit to guarantee your specific date/time. WE DO NOT DOUBLE-BOOK EVENTS. Note that dates/times may not show in the calendar indicating that they have already been booked and no longer are available. You only see calendar dates/times that are open. The Garden agrees to provide a reasonably clean environment for your event keeping in mind that the Garden is an outdoor venue and, as such, is in a natural state. You are responsible for cleaning and maintaining the Garden event area and ensuring the safety and well-being of your guests. You are expected to leave the Shinzen Garden grounds in the original condition as to prior to your scheduled event. Should the cleanliness of the event site be in question, photos will be used as part of the records to determine any additional cleanup fees.
STEP 4: There are TWO (2) documents that will need to be completed prior to having your event approved.
- Complete and return our Rental Agreement form HERE
- Complete and return the City of Fresno, “Hold Harmless & Insurance Requirement” form HERE.
STEP 5: If you are going to hire a professional photographer for your event, please apply for a photo permit HERE. You do NOT need a photo permit if you are having family/friends take photos during your event.
OUR MAIN EVENTS VENUES
- The Ume Grove View is an intimate garden that has meandering paths and winding waterways. This picturesque spot is perfect for a small party seating about 10-15 guests.
- The Autumn View offers your guests a backdrop of glowing fall foliage of Chinese pistachio and ginkgo trees, not to mention the wonderful Woodward Lake. This space seats 50 guests.
- The Double Moon Bridge View offers your guests a perfect view of the Double Moon Bridge and Koi Pond and Woodward Lake in the distances. This space seats 60 guests.
- Sago Forest and Waterfall View is a spectacular spread of sago palms, meandering paths and the serene sound of waterfalls that encircle this area. This space seats 100 guests.